Window Cleaners in Washington DC
Roof Cleaning in Washington, D.C.
Have your roof cleaned to keep it long-lasting!
Washington D.C. Roof Washing
You might think that washing your roof isn’t necessary. Why would someone spend time washing their roof? It’s not like it’s a room in your house!
Unfortunately, a few problems can arise when your roof doesn’t get the proper cleaning it needs.
When your roof doesn’t get the cleaning it needs, algae, lichens and moss will start to grow on it.
This causes your roof shingles to start wearing away and wood rot on your roof deck. These can be very expensive to repair.
Roof shingles cause water to move rather than remain on your roof. Once they’ve completely worn away, there’s nothing that will hold back water from coming through.
You certainly don’t want that to happen!
Now when you think of doing it yourself, you know you put yourself at risk.
There’s a greater risk of injuring yourself.
We don’t want that to happen to you.
Washington D.C. Roof Cleaning to Keep Your Roof Healthy
Here’s how we can help take care of your roof:
- It’s very difficult to clean a roof by yourself If you’re doing it for the first time, not only do you have to worry about cleaning your roof thoroughly. You have to get the right chemicals and cleaning supplies/equipment for your roof. Or you could damage it. We’ve cleaned every type of roof for (period of time). And there’s no reason why we couldn’t do it for your one!
- We can 100% make sure that there’s no algae/lichens/moss on your roof It can be difficult to spot algae/lichens/moss on your own, but we can 100% make sure that there’s no algae/lichens/moss!
Roof Cleaning Tips and Tricks
The good news is that there are some things you can do yourself to take care of your roof. We’ll be referring to algae/lichens/moss as just algae for now.
- Buy your cleaning chemicals from reputable suppliers. If you don’t feel that you can trust a supplier 100%, do not buy from them. Reputable suppliers will have a range of different formulas in stock because they know not every roof is the same.
- There are two ways of cleaning your roof. One is power washing, which is the use of pressurized water to force algae off your roof. The second is just using chemicals. For power washing, click here to see our guide
- If you’re going to do do it yourself, set aside a whole afternoon because there’s going to be a LOT of work. Or you could just call us!
A Little More About Algae...
If you were wondering what algae exactly does to your roof, here’s a quick explanation.
Algae is a living thing and grows on your roof because it feeds on limestone filler commonly found in roof shingles. This wears away your roof’s shingles and takes years off your roof’s lifespan.
Replacing a roof can cost $10,000+, so it’s quite expensive!
Get In Touch
If you are looking for a window cleaning company with experience, honesty, and integrity, you do not have to look any further. DC Window Cleaners is a trusted name in residential and commercial window washing. Contact our team today and let us know what we can help you with. We would love to answer any questions you have about our company, our team, or our services. Simply give us a call or send us an email, and our team will do their best to assist you with anything you need.